Tell us about your Microsoft Office frustrations!

Why is it so difficult to get around Microsoft Word? How can I possibly make it easier?

1 Like

I am interested to learn more about Excel formulas and equations. Does anyone know a good resource?

1 Like

Writing text on the Microsoft Excel is so dangerous because it does not detect typing errors which is very frustrating for someone like me who uses it in typing text because of easy layouting.

1 Like

Pasting images on a word document distort the entire content. There must be something to be done to make the experience on this program smoother.

1 Like

I sometimes use YouTube to learn more about MS Excel and Powerpoint but most lessons are explained incompletely.

1 Like

I experienced some error because of Lookup and VLookup. I don’t know if I missed something or if it’s really a bug on the program but I wish to learn more to avoid such error.

1 Like

When I read an e-mail it often ends up in my deleted files…even if it hasn’t been sent there!
Also, when I respond to an e-mail that had an attachment - when I recover it from my deleted files, the attachment has disappeared.
Soooo frustrating and such a waste of time looking for items that, in my opinion, should be bookmarked as read, and still in my in-box
Linda

1 Like

Definitely the restrictive format in Word when using the Office 365 / online version. I find Teams a little confusing too. It does not seem to be very intuitive.

1 Like

MS PowerPoint is good for average user but even though there are other programs better than it, I am still aiming to be a pro in using the said program.

1 Like

I am using MS Word often but I only know the basic features. Where can I find a video that can explain everything?

1 Like

Can someone teach us how to use Charts and Graphs on a word document?

1 Like

Where can I find some guide to improve my MS Word skills? I still need to learn some of its functions.

1 Like

Excel continues to be the most frustrating and clumsy Office product to use for me. I guarantee that almost every user could benefit from and inviting, easy to follow tutorial in Excel. Some may not admit it, but it is true.

1 Like

I’ve been using the MS office a long time ago in a school and at my previous job, however, I don’t know much except the basic things, and I wish I learn more about the programs so I can finish work faster than it was.

2 Likes

That is a wonderful news! My problem is that I am not able to use all the features of Microsoft while I am typing. If there could be some practice and training for all the features, that would be amazing.

2 Likes

Since I retired I discovered the wonder of OneNote in its 2010 edition however recent OneNote for Windows 10 makes it incredilby difficult to transfer notebooks over and I have not been able to find really helpful instructions.

2 Likes

My major frustration with Microsoft office during the covid lockdown was the problems teachers and students encountered using OneNote. It would not sync properly. It would not load properly even through the browser. This impacted significantly on student learning. We have asked teachers to use OneNote and Teams and OneDrive and when these things started failing, teachers expressed concern regarding using MS 365 for Education instead of the Google suite of tools. If you want to promote MS 365 as SaaS, then it needs to work, especially at times like the covid lockdown. My concern is as we grow our use of MS tools, will this occur again and effect learning?

2 Likes

I use both Microsoft and Google Apps. I have been using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel for over 10 years in the classroom. Last year I used Google Docs, Sheets and Slides in the classroom. I do love that Google is online and can be used anywhere you have an Internet connection. Microsoft is still my first choice. I just wish that my work is saved automatically like in Google.

2 Likes

Inclusion of readily available compete guide in pdf format with MS office suite on how to use MS Office from begginer to advance level will help everyone.

2 Likes

Where can I find some trainings in using Pivot tables of Microsoft Excel?

1 Like