Tell us about your Microsoft Office frustrations!

When using Excel, I often encounter incorrect reading date format and it's hard to change it with one click, or am I missing something that should be done?
1 Like
Styles have been overlooked in Word so I hope more people will learn more on this exciting feature.
1 Like
Moving images or pictures on a Miicrosoft Word messes up the whole document and it is really frustrating!
1 Like
Are there any courses that can help us with working on Graphs and Charts on MS Excel and Powerpoint?
1 Like
I deleted my 6-page work because I was not able to save it and my laptop restarted. I just wish that Microsoft can fix issues like this.
1 Like
Once, I tried to do some calculation on excel but it turned out that I had mistakes on the equations. Does Microsoft offer training on this?
1 Like
To be honest, I am not really a creative person so I hope there are some resources on how to make a good powerpoint presentation in terms of design and layout based on the available templates that is applicable on different events
1 Like
Personally, I get distracted on too much spices on a presentation such as animations and effects so maybe Microsoft can narrow down the options so that users can focus more on the content.
1 Like
I am really comfortable using the Microsoft Excel but I think they should have an autosave feature.
3 Likes
I love using MS PowerPoint for my presentation but I only know the basics ... aiming to learn more.
1 Like
When using Excel, text are used too but the problem is that it doesn't detect typing and grammar errors unlike Word.
1 Like
I always have a hard time using tables on MS Word which involves images and spacing.
1 Like

I use Office on a Mac and there are lots of things that you can’t do on a Mac i.e. office clipboard. Please let any new typesy version work in the same way on both plarforms, thank you

1 Like

I’ve used Word and Excel for many years and in my experience you learn as you go and forget much of what you used to know as well; there’s a lot of functionality.
Office 365 is driving me crazy though especially Outlook which now stacks threads on an email and sometimes it seems to get confused; I wrote a reply to an email today and there was no “send” anywhere. I had to write as new which wasn’t ideal.
I used to use charts all the time in Excel but now it seems to have changed the system so it all got too confusing and I stopped using them.
Could be an interesting course you’re putting together. There are plenty already out there but only a couple that I guessed know their stuff. I’m sure yours will be a winner.

1 Like

HI,
I am an ICT teacher in the UK looking to implement Typesy for my year 7. I would love a Typesy style platform through which students can learn computer essentials and then Microsoft Office throughout High school.

I am looking into a few but it is difficult to find a programme that has the lessons, and then practical exercises presented in a student friendly way, as well as having the teacher interface for the teacher to track and monitor progress, and help students who may be struggling.

Please keep me posted as to any developments in this area as am extremely interested.

Many thanks,

Rai

1 Like

I love using excel but I think it is not applicable for business use because there are many lacking functionalities, or maybe there are ways to do it but I just don’t know how.

1 Like

Microsoft Word for me is very much necessary so right now I am looking for excellent resources that offer a comprehensive training to maximize the program.

1 Like

It makes me really frusrated whenever I write text on a PowerPoint because setting it takes too much of my time.

1 Like

How to navigate Microsoft Excel? I only know the basics and not so knowledgeable on its other features especially with the formulas.

1 Like

I think MS Powerpoint has so much more to offer in terms of animation when using images and shapes that is why I was always looking for a good video guide.

1 Like