Anyone Know? pls answer

I have a friend that plays a stringed instrument and likes to type alot. Like on everything. But they suffer from really shaky hands after doing either of the two hobbies. Especially the latter. Anyone have any idea what he could have? Please help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi there!

I’m not sure we’ll get to a diagnosis without a whole lot more information, but there are certainly a few things your friend can do to ensure they’re avoiding any long term problems.

As with any physical movement, too much can cause strain. To make sure your friend’s issues do not arise from typing, you can offer them advice on best body positioning. Shoulders should be relaxed and elbows bent no tighter than 90°. Always check that you are holding your wrists in a neutral position, with the thumb running parallel to the forearm, the wrist bending only slightly upwards. If they feel their wrists hitting the keyboard or desk, they should reposition. And always maintain healthy habits like taking typing breaks and stretching hands and fingers.

My advice would be to have your friend check in with a doctor if they are worried.

Regards,
Typesy Team

1 Like

Okay thank you and you are probably right I did not give alot of information. Thanks and I will pass on the info

Always happy to help!

Regards,
Typesy Team