Have you experienced pain on your fingers when you were typing?

I am having muscle pain when I spend too much time typing so I am wondering if other people feel the same.

Hi Maya,

Yes when I type something for a long period of time. The best way to do is take frequent brakes as well. I have been practicing my typing skills using Typesy and I’ve learned the proper technique as well to avoid the hands and fingers from getting stressed while typing.

Best Regards,
Aidan Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hello, @mayaconner!

You are definitely not alone! As with any physical movement, too much can cause strain, so staying aware of your body posture and hand positioning is crucial in avoiding long term damage. Sit with your feet flat on the floor and your back straight. Shoulders should be relaxed and elbows bent no tighter than 90°. Always check that you are holding your wrists in a neutral position, with the thumb running parallel to the forearm, the wrist bending only slightly upwards. If you feel your wrists hitting the keyboard or desk, reposition. And of course utilize healthy habits like taking typing breaks and properly stretching hands and fingers.

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)