Share Your Favorite Books

Surely you all have a favorite book, right? Or maybe more that one. Like me. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I have so many…

So I propose that on this topic you share the name(s) of your favorite books and a pic of them if you can. Also summarize it a bit so the rest of us know what it’s about.

2 Likes

I really have a lot. Uh… I like this series called Warriors. You should check it out.

2 Likes

This is one of my favorites. It’s about a 18 year old girl that gave up college and instead served in Uganda.

2 Likes

Some more of my favorites. I said I have quite a few. :laughing:

This book takes place during the reign of the Roman emperor Diocletian. It describes the life of Diocletian and what the Christians faced at that time.

This one is a story of a little girl that came from a broken home. The things she faced and went through are tremendous. But she made the right choices and joined the Mennonites. Dianne Yoder is one of my favorite authors.

This takes place in communist Romania where Christians were severely persecuted. Nicu escaped to Germany and later worked to smuggled Bibles, food, etc. to Christians still in Romania.

This one takes place around 1520 if I’m right, back when the Anabaptists first started. Claudia Esh highlights the struggles and uncertainties of the time. A supper good read.

This is my second favorite book. Dianne Yoder uses very expressive writing. The main character, Laurentia, is 17, and caught up in all the unrest of Rome.

This is my absolute favorite. Rachel faced extreme trials but through it all, she remained faithful. Also she was very close to my age, about 16, when this all took place. I highly recommend this book.

2 Likes

These books can be found at TGS International.

2 Likes

Those all look so cool!!! I am going to have to check them out! I’ll post some of mine

2 Likes

I really like the books Warriors
They are about cats. LOL.

2 Likes

I love this book!
So basically, like there is a mother, she is actually pretty wise, but is kinda supposed to be illiterate. She is kind and selfless through the whole book. basically everything she has done in her life as been for those that she loves. But one day, in a Seoul subway station she goes missing and her family cannot find her. The whole book is on how will they find her, and the HUGE mystery on how well they actually know the person they call Mom. It is good. I mean, IDK what everyone is allowed to read, but, IDK
I wanted to post this later, but Typsey says no more than 3 consecutive replies

2 Likes

That looks super interesting!

2 Likes

Have you ever heard of Warriors @abyler?

2 Likes

No. Sounds interesting.

You should check out the series of books called Freedom Seekers by Lois Walfred Johnson.

It’s all about helping a slave named Jordan Parker find a home for his family. Caleb and Libby do most of the work. Libby has to cut her hair so Riggs, Jordan’s old master, won’t recognize her, finding her pa’s money that had been stolen by a swindler, helping to capture an escaped prisoner, keeping a slave owner busy by drawing him and his family so Jordan can help his family escape, etc. the excitement goes on! These books are absolutely thrilling! You can it them on Amazon.

1 Like

Sounds cool. Except they might be for readers a little older than me.

1 Like

Not much older than you, I don’t think. They’re pretty easy to understand.

1 Like

here is a more official pic of the book!

2 Likes

THAT SOUNDS SO AWESOME!!! OMGH I need to check those out like for real. I am sorry that i write in all caps, I am…ugh…cringe

2 Likes

Has anyone ever read/listened to Facing the Giants?

1 Like

No, is it a good one?

2 Likes

It’s excellent! It’s written by the Kendrick brothers who also wrote Fireproof, Courageous, Flywheel, and Overcomer.

It takes place in Georgia, at Shiloh Christian academy, a school where coach Grant Taylor coaches football. He has coached there for six years without a winning season. Due to a medical problem he has, he and his wife can’t have children. The roof leaks, the stove doesn’t work, the car doesn’t work part of the time, and his team can’t win. Grant feels like everything is his fault especially when he overhears some of the fathers meet with the principal and ask the principal to find a better coach. Grant pleads with God to give him answers but nothing seems to change. Until one day Mr Bridges meets Grant at the school and delivers a message from God. Grant does some serious thinking, digs through the Bible to find answers and comes up with a new team philosophy. He endeavors to introduce it to his team but most of the players are quite skeptical. One day the Bible class teacher holds the class outside and one of the football players except Christ. His conversion is followed by many more and soon most of the players on the football team and in Shiloh Christian academy have accepted Christ. The story goes on to describe various victories and defeats at the football team faces. Eventually at the end of the year, they face the Richland Giants in a competition for the state championship. After a long grueling fight… who wins? I’ll let you read the book to find out.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The main point in this book is " What’s impossible when God with you?"

2 Likes

Yes, I will have to check it out. I have read the other books you have showed above!! They are awesome. I need to check some of these out and when I do I promise that I will post and tell you1

2 Likes