Pics of Wildfires in California

So, I’m going to post several fire pics on here. These all came from online sources so please respect the copyright. And if you have any pictures that you’ve found, feel free to post them!

Many of these pictures were from the Camp Fire, Dixie Fire, and the Northwest Complex also known as the Bear Fire. There are probably some from other fires as well.

1 Like

This fire was around Lake Oroville, about 15 minutes from us.

1 Like

To keep trestles from burning, trains would spray water on the bridges in an effort to keep them from igniting.

1 Like

1 Like

Smoke plume from the Dixie Fire.
Smoke plumes can reach an elevation of 40,000 feet. When that happens, they start creating their own weather, such as thunderstorms. This can be harmful because lightening strikes can start fires ahead of the original one.

1 Like

Paradise before the Camp Fire.

Paradise after the Camp Fire.

1 Like

That is all shocking and remarkable I cannot believe all of this keeps going on. It scares me for people like you that live there. I am definitely thinking of you all and hoping that you will all be safe and keep well. Wow, the devastation in those photos. It is rather hard to wrap my head around. :fire: :fire: :fire: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

These pics are nothing abnormal for a wildfire. (Right?! Hard to believe!) Wildfires are simply are part of our summers (although is shouldn’t be that way). If there’s a fire, we hardly think about it unless it’s close to us, or flooding our sky with smoke.

This is probably even harder to wrap your mind around! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Forest maintenance has gone down hill which is one of the reasons for all our fires. Also, PG&E, the electric company out here, (@GMDressen, you would be familiar with them) does not do well in maintaining their lines, so numerous fires result from that. :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

1 Like

Yep that is extremely true

1 Like

Would you be affected at times by their PSPS?

What do you mean by that

1 Like

Public Safety Power Shutoff. They’ll turn the electric off if the fire danger is high and it gets windy.

Oh yeah. I get affected some times

1 Like

Grrr!! That makes me soooo mad sometimes when they do that because sometimes it isn’t even nessessary.

2 Likes