Know more about supplemental online games

There are some online games out there but is it not enough to teach touch typing?

Hi there,

Supplemental online games provide few tests or assessment capabilities, no capacity for real-time monitoring or for generating data on individual student progress, and a limited number of exercises. They are not true instructional programs that use the tools of motivation and engagement to instill proper keyboard techniques and reinforce other important knowledge.

Best Regards,
Aidan Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hello, @evierosebeach!

Everyone learns differently, so I suppose it’s possible for someone to learn typing entirely through games. However, with the amount of quality, proven programs out there, I’m not sure why someone would want to :sweat_smile:

Spending time typing is not the same as practicing typing. Without dedicated lessons, you could develop bad habits or work at a speed much slower than what you would ultimately be capable of. Once learned, the ability to touch type will yield positive results for the rest of your life, so I suggest treating yourself to a real typing program rather than trying to source out free options.

Secondly, consider online privacy! For typing programs delivered through the internet, even if the program is free to use, you’re likely paying by offering up your data to the site. Typesy does not allow advertising on the platform, so you can be sure your activity is safe. No unwanted ads will be popping up while you work, and your data is kept secure and private.

Just a few thoughts from someone who appreciates the full Typesy program!
Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)