I have a typing speed of 65-90 WPM and accuracy of 99%, is it good enough?

I would say my accuracy is 1 error per every 300 characters. My typing speed ranges from ~65 wpm - ~90 wpm. For more context, I am interested in pursuing a data entry or transcription job.

The typing speed and accuracy is really awesome! However, most data entry or transcription job requires a certification to provide proof of the said speed range.

You may check with free apps, I believe they provide certification. But if you want to improve more your typing skills, then you might want to get Typesy to help you.

Hi,

Your typing speed and accuracy are excellent! One in every 300 characters being mistyped is phenomenal, as most typists, including professional ones, typically mistype up to eight characters in every 100 characters typed. This means that, on average, a good typist has an average typing accuracy of 92 percent.

Yours, by your explanation, is closer to 99.3 percent for accuracy, which is impressive. For both data entry and transcription work, you will need both accuracy and speed. With your average range being from 65 to 90 wpm, you are already thoroughly qualified for either kind of job, since on average they require a typing speed of 65 wpm.

You can continue to improve your typing speed, however, to give you a more definitive edge over your competition in the job market.

Best Regards,
Lyka Remeticado
Community Associate at Typesy

Hi, @matthewharding!

Your speed and accuracy numbers are impressive and more than qualify you to start going after those typing-intensive jobs!

Are you typing using the touch typing method? I would suggest you test your speed and accuracy without looking at the keyboard. In all likelihood, readjusting to the touch typing method will improve your overall typing ability in the long run, if pursuing this type of career is your goal.

And remember - no matter how you type, always practice good technique and proper body posture!

Regards,
Kerry

Your typing speeds are incredible. The average person makes at least eight mistakes. Just keep focusing and improving and you will soon be at the speed you wish. Though you 100% would be able to make it into one of the jobs you chose that involves typing.

1 Like

That’s actually pretty good! Keep it up! :+1:

1 Like