My typing speed and accuracy

Is my typing speed and accuracy good? I would say my accuracy is 95% and my speed ranges 70-90 WPM and I want to be a transcriptionist.

Hi!

Yes, your typing speed is excellent. Most people have an average typing speed of 40 WPM so beyond that is actually better. Most transcription job also require a speed of 65 WPM and up which makes you qualify for this skill.

Best Regards,
Arella Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

1 Like

Hello, @avagracepark!

In general, the average typist can type 41 WPM; typing at or above 57 WPM is deemed above average. An average typist should also be maintaining an accuracy rate around 92%, or about 8 mistakes per 100 words.

As Arella said, you’re more than qualified in that regard! Ttranscriptionist work is relatively easy to find online and much of the work out there involves transcribing audio files into text files, and a lot of that involves typing out speech in real time. One of my favorite activities to practice is to type along to speech. This could be typing along to a conversation, a song, a movie, etc. It’s a good way to practice typing but also focuses in on the needed ability for a transcriptionist to actively listen while transcribing.

It has been a while since you posted - have you had any luck with your job search? I know a lot of transcription work can be done remotely, so I hope you have been able to start despite the pandemic!

Wishing you the best of luck with whatever you do!
Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)

1 Like