What are some jobs that require good touch typing skill?

I bought Typesy because I’m planning to get some part time online job. Do you know what jobs can I try?

Hi!

There are many jobs that requires good typing speed such as Transcriptionist, Data Entry Clerk, Admin Assistant, Editor or Proofreader, Paralegal, or Freelance Writer.

Best Regards,
Arella Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hello, @kyallamb!

If you are a really strong typist, check out the possibility of becoming a transcriptionist. Work is relatively easy to find online and relies solely on one’s typing ability. In general, typing at or above 57 WPM is deemed above average, so that should give you an idea of just how well a transcriptionist needs to be able to type. Much of the work out there involves transcribing audio files into text files, and a lot of that involves typing out speech in real time.

One of my favorite activities to practice is to type along to speech. This could be typing along to a conversation, a song, a movie, etc. It’s a good way to practice typing but also focuses in on the needed ability for a transcriptionist to actively listen while transcribing.

It has been a while since you posted - have you had any luck? Wishing you the best!

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)