How to make custom typing exercises?

I’m trying to figure out how actually create a custom typing course for specialized character strings and I’m not getting anywhere and cannot seem to find answers.
Any help would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Okay, my 8 Year old helped me figure it out. I didn’t look in the “Game” folder.
Now I can make a custom program of anything I want but its in the Game section and I just have to make sure he sticks the Drill.

3 Likes

What are you talking about?! Custom typing course? Huh? Someone answer me please! There’s a whole other Typesy world out there!

1 Like

What is going on!?!?!?!?! :exploding_head: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

1 Like

What you do is go into the “Play” tab. Then on the Upper right side (right below the Typing score) click the blue link, mine says “ASDFJKL Short”. It’s a drop down menu. Choose " Typing Drills" …or anything else. It will open another window that you can either Create your own Drills or use a drill someone else created.
I’m making one because me and my 8yo are learning Coding and the constant use of characters is very difficult.

3 Likes

Mmmm… makes sense.I’ll try that thank you.

2 Likes

I made my own today.It’s called ’ Animals Everywhere’

2 Likes

NICE!!! I’m making a few for States and a few other things

2 Likes

your 8-year old? Man you must have a smart 8 year old

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say he was really much smarter than average. It’s just that I started homeschooling him when they closed the schools down for Covid … I just designed my own curriculum for him and run him through the exercises every day. Math, typing, reading, writing, music. We increase difficulty and add to the lessons a little at a time and I make sure we do not move forward until the last lesson has become Effortless. Before you know it, you can skip the Typing lessons because you are getting the exercise while doing the Coding. You can skip the addition, multiplication and division because its all getting done while adding fractions and so on.
We usually only work 3 or 4 hours a day.

4 Likes