What would you choose between writing and typing?

Since most people today are already using computers, it it true that typing or the use of keyboards is more applicable and widely used now?

I am more comfortable with typing. The greatest advance of it for me is the ability to just delete word/s in case I change my thoughts, or if I made a mistake. I don’t need to deal with those erasure that makes writing so dirty to look at.

Hi,

With the importance of convenience and technology in the modern world, many people are compelled to wonder if handwriting documents, notes, and more is something that people still do. A lot of people do.

As a matter of fact, some make handwriting an art form - not just calligraphy, but they use different styles of pens, different weights of ink or lead pencil, charcoal, and more to create beautiful and unique words across paper and other surfaces.

Some people that prefer writing over typing say they feel they work faster that way, but on average the written WPM is approximately 30, whereas the lowest average for typing is around 35 WPM.

You may write faster if you’re a particularly slow typist. However, if you don’t know how to type properly, your fingers will get tired much more quickly while attempting to type than they would while writing. That’s definitely something to keep in mind if you’re on the fence.

Best Regards,
Lyka Remeticado
Associate at Typesy

While many enjoy the act of handwriting, it certainly seems the modern workplace is moving further and further away from it. As the world continues to rely more heavily on technology, the ability to type has become not only a preference but a necessary skill for any and all entering the 21st-century workforce.

Even if a job isn’t typing intensive, there is typing involved in many steps of navigating and communicating in the workplace. The time needed for any given digital task will be affected by your typing skill, and while it may not add up to much in the moment, that time can quickly stack up over weeks and months. Despite personal feelings on handwriting, the modern world is making it more and more clear that typing is an undeniably needed skill.

Regards,
Kerry