Bored in Typing and Switch to Writing

We all know most people are typing nowadays. Are there some instances that people would switch to writing instead?

Hi Bella,

I think this is not because of boredom but for aesthetic reasons instead. I think some people have feelings when they write instead of typing. Also, there are some pieces or materials that can only be more meaningful when handwritten.

Best Regards,
Aidan Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hello, @bellamckay!

Absolutely! I personally am someone who enjoys the physical act of handwriting, and I learn better when I write something, too, so I can’t see myself ever transitioning to typing full time (although, believe me, I type a LOT).

There are plenty of places I prefer handwriting over typing: to do lists, journaling, writing a letter/card, taking notes in a class, etc. I also tend to flip back and forth when working on more formal writing. Personally, I prefer to type out a draft, print it, and edit it by hand. There’s something about physically holding my writing that I can’t let go! However, when drafting, I definitely prefer the efficiency of typing over handwriting.

It’s all a personal choice, and I can’t see that either will be going away any time soon, so I’m not worried about having to choose!

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)