What are some characteristics of a good typing software?

What factors should I consider when looking for a typing program?

The software must take a multi-platform, multi-modal approach that implements best pedagogical practices and provides a guided instructional curriculum with standards-based content that is both transdisciplinary and flexible.

Best Regards,
Aidan Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hi, @mohammodwilkes!

Your best bet is to rely on a program that is well reviewed by others. Check out Typesy’s refund guarantee - that should tell you just how effective Typesy is!

With Typesy, since each lesson is customized to its learner, the length of time needed for mastery varies. Typesy is designed to monitor your progress and adapt to your skill level, ensuring you are progressing at a speed most effective for you. A good program will not push you before you are ready. Remember, when typing, speed and accuracy are important. Ensure the program you use measures both since a high WPM with low accuracy is not a desirable goal.

The key to learning typing is consistent practice. If practiced consistently on a daily basis, typing skills are bound to improve dramatically in a matter of weeks. If you are not seeing marked improvements after this time, you may be using a program that is not working for you.

Regards,
Kerry

For me, access to the program is also important. I’m always looking to find a program that is fun, engaging, research-based, and personalized. If a program had all of that, but was only available on, say, mobile platforms, that lack of accessibility would be a no-no for me.

Typesy is available across all Mac & PC platforms, can be found in the App Store and Google Play, and can integrate with programs you may already be using. Aside from the fact that Typesy is a top-notch typing program, these other features really draw me in.

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)