The Future of Teaching Typing

As more and more students are being enrolled in school than ever before, there is also an increase in the need for tools and teachers to help them learn. Among their many other subjects from math to history, students are now needing to learn how to type. With so many outdated videos and programs, how can we help future generations learn to type?

With early teachings, teachers used typing books to help kids use typewriters in their classes that were clunky and hard to use for anyone. Once the books evolved to software, the 90s introduced typing software and videos that tried to help students learn. However, this software was very limited in its power and was often not very effective. To help give students a chance to learn at their own pace and with fun to keep them engaged, Typesy was created.

For teachers, Typesy revolutionizes that classroom and how we think about teaching typing. With advanced tracking and a simple to understand user interface, Typesy makes the job of teachers and students easier than ever before. Interactive lessons, games, and video guides are all used to give students and teachers the best chance possible to master their typing skills.

As a teacher, I appreciate the level of customization the program allows. Additionally, since Typesy adapts to each learner, I can be sure my students are working at a pace best suited for their learning needs.

Students love the program as it keeps them engaged through a variety of gamified lessons in which they earn rewards, up their game status, and work towards custom goals. They can build their own avatars and practice typing through fun, interactive lessons.

There are plenty of places in the world today that still do not offer formal classes for teaching typing. While the ubiquity of technology allows for more learning through simple exposure, there is still the issue of allowing for bad habits to form. Using a research-based program such as Typesy to guide learning lets me know my students are learning to type with proper technique and maximum efficiency.

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)