Keep christ in christmas

I think we all need to remember that Christmas is not about gifts Its about the wonderful birth of Jesus IDK I kinda just wanted to address this topic because its really important I would like to further discuss this.

3 Likes

You are awesome for thinking that! One day I hope to meet you and be friends in real life. Just wait til I am older. I will find some way to do that. Even if it is just to say hi. Merry Christmas. #KeepChristInChristmas

3 Likes

I’m surprised @abyler hasn’t found this topic yet…

1 Like

Same. But I am glad this was made. What are your feelings on it. @AliceBelle

3 Likes

I think that this was a good idea. I feel like so many people forget that the whole reason Christmas is even here. (I have to admit, I might have too! So I don’t blame people!) But we all do. And did you know, @GMDressen is right. Christmas. Christ mas. I’m pretty sure that a mas is a Catholic meeting. Like, you know. A church ceremony? If that’s even how. you spell. that.

3 Likes

Now a-days, people opt for saying, “Happy Holidays” so they don’t offend those who don’t believe in Christmas or other holidays. While I’m not here to judge them, I do think that we ought to wish people “Merry Christmas” and, if we have the opportunity, point them to the Reason for Christmas.

2 Likes

Amen I’m in agreement with this statement!

2 Likes

I agree with you, but also keep in mind that people might not want to rattle off all the religious and national holidays that occur in December. There’s Hanakkuh (Did I spell that right?), ummm… other things… Christmas Eve, CHRISTMAS…, Chinese New Year is around December too, isn’t it? And New Years Eve and New Years. So theres a lot and most likely more than I listed 'cause I don’t know anything about other religions and cultures. But anyway, they Happy Holidays because they don’t want to offend someone in not mentioning the holiday that their family celebrates. Make sense?

2 Likes