Is 75 wpm using hunt-and-peck good enough?

People tell me I type so fast but I don’t know if this is something I should be proud of because I am just using mostly my 4 fingers.

First of all, a typing speed of 75 wpm with the two-finger or hunt-and-peck method is impressive and is well above the average typing speed of most typists, which ranges from 40 to about 55 wpm.

So, yes, it’s a fast typing speed. However, there is still a lot of room for improvement. If you learn to touch type, your typing speed will decrease at first, but as you get more comfortable with the practice your speed will increase to well beyond what you currently type at. Touch typing is a method or technique of typing that uses all of your fingers instead of just one or two. It lets you type without having to stare at the keyboard to find the right keys or characters.

Touch typing requires patience and practice, but it is a skill well worth learning if you want to increase your speed and accuracy, especially if you’re looking to improve your employment opportunities or position at work.

I use my pinky my ring middle and index fingers to type. Is that what you are supposed to do? :woman_shrugging: