Is 110 WPM good enough for a 13-year old child?

My brother’s typing speed is 110 WPM, is this enough?

Hi Eden,

Yes it is. Most people have an average speed of 40 WPM so that one is already an awesome typing skill. I am at 110 WPM too now at my age at 22. I didn’t have a formal keyboarding lesson so our using our company’s software, Typesy. I am still looking forward to increasing it and I know you to can increase yours as well.

Best Regards,
Aidan Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

@edenhoffman - WOW :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: 110 WPM is an incredible speed for any age!

Just a friendly reminder that a high WPM with low accuracy is not a desirable goal. If your brother is typing at that speed, but half of his words are spelled incorrectly, then that’s not ideal. But with the ubiquity of technology these days, perhaps it is unsurprising that kids are so proficient in typing! After all, practice is the key to solid typing skills, so it sounds like your brother has put in a lot of practice in his young life!

Make sure he’s using good posture to avoid any long term damage from bad habits. Otherwise, congratulations on having such a talented typist in the family!

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)