Can typing and answering surveys generate income?

I am still a college student but I want to find some side hustles so I want to know if these jobs can help.

Hi,

Yes, you can make money by typing and taking surveys! While some people type or complete surveys as a way to generate additional disposable income, others do these things as their primary career choice.

Typing can take many forms, including data entry, form filling, captcha development and entry, image- or audio-to-text, and many more. Online surveys sometimes include typing, but sometimes they do not. These surveys help companies to gather feedback on products, services, and marketing. This allows them to better suit their target audience’s needs and expectations.

Typing and survey completion can be done from anywhere that you have a stable Internet connection - some can be completed from cell phones or tablets but most are ideal for completing with a laptop or desktop computer. In addition to making money, you will sometimes also be offered other perks like free products, coupons, samples, and more to use at your leisure.

Best Regards,
Lyka Remeticado
Community Associate at Typesy

Hello, @tomasgraves!

As the world continues to rely more heavily on technology, the ability to type has become a necessary skill for any and all entering the 21st-century workforce. If your skill is strong enough, you can be quite successful working online.

Are you a typing whiz? If so, I’ve always thought being a transcriptionist could be fun! Typists create text files of audio recordings, typing the words spoken as they hear them. It is the type of job that would require very strong typing skills, but it’s certainly something to consider as a way of making some extra money in your free time.

Regards,
Typesy Team