Are you using the transdisciplinary approach in touch typing?

I am new in Typesy so looking forward to hear some answers from your support.

Hi Aimie,

The transdisciplinary approach is directly applicable to teaching typing. After students have mastered the initial home positions, they need to practice by typing complete words and sentences. If these typing exercises include content that helps link ideas across disciplines, students engage in powerful learning on two levels at once.

Best Regards,
Aidan Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hello, @aimievalenzuela!

As a teacher, I very much appreciate Typesy’s use of a transdiciplinary approach; it means I can focus on multiple subject areas within a typing lesson, unifying a topic of study while also reinforcing time for typing practice. Since Typesy has over 2,500 common-core standards-based lessons, my students can learn to type while engaging in fun, differentiated lessons in science, social studies, ELA, and math.

This means students will interact with academics through typing in ways that bridge the divide between separated subjects. Students will be made to cross reference their areas of subject knowledge, creating multiple layers of learning while working on keyboarding skills.

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)