What is the best motivation for children to continue typing lessons?

My child has a short attention span and I am afraid that he might get easily bored during the practice. Do you have any idea to help me?

Hi!

One basic element of successful touch typing for young learners is to reward progress and let the child know that touch typing is a skill that involves a lot of trial and error to get it right. Children are often disappointed by their initial lack of typing accuracy, resulting in them being no longer interested in learning to touch type. You can avoid this by motivating them through rewards and affirmative talk. This is essential for keeping them inspired to practice until they become good at it.

Best Regards,
Arella Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hi Usmaan,

Typing practice does not need to be a mundane task. Utilize typing games to keep kids engaged, and before you know it, they will be begging to practice their keyboarding skills. Aside from keeping lessons fun, typing games allow students to track their progress, happily focus on areas of weakness, and practice their hand-eye coordination, a skill much needed in touch typing. You can even add in a reward for when they reach their goals!

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)