As a teacher, how will I keep the typing class fun?

I want my class to enjoy their practice so what can I do to apply fun?

Hi!

Instead of repeatedly typing, again and again, playing a game can give you, or your students, a goal to achieve. While it might seem insignificant, working towards a goal is known to improve motivation and make it easier to learn a skill like typing

Regards,
The Typesy Team

Typing practice does not need to be a mundane task! Utilize typing games and contests to keep students engaged, and before you know it, students will be begging to practice their keyboarding skills. Aside from keeping lessons fun, typing games allow students to track their progress, happily focus on areas of weakness, and practice their hand-eye coordination, a skill much needed in touch typing.

With Typesy, students are engaged through a variety of gamified lessons in which they earn rewards, up their game status, and work towards custom goals. Students build their own avatars and practice typing through fun, interactive lessons. Additionally, Typesy adapts to each learner, so no student will ever find themselves with lessons too easy or too difficult.

It is likely that students in your class will be at differing levels of typing proficiency. There are many ways to keep your advanced students engaged while you focus your attention on your struggling students. Consider hosting competitions for highest WPM or accuracy, allow your most advanced students to tutor less experienced classmates, or challenge your adept typists by blindfolding them or covering the letters on their keyboard. Having a few ideas up your sleeve will ensure your skilled typists don’t become bored and distracting to others who need time to practice.

Regards,
Kerry