What age should I be to be able to be in typesy community?

I am wondering if we what age we are supposed to be.

1 Like

If you have control of your fingers and desire a skill that will benefit you for the rest of your life then learn to type. You will never regret it. :rose:Charley B.

3 Likes

Practicing good keyboarding skills is good for any age, but it is recommended to start students no earlier than age 7 to allow for full development of the motor skills necessary. With enough patience and practice, anyone of any age can learn to touch type.

That being said, the older a student, the longer they have had to develop bad habits. Younger students will develop muscle memory skills quicker, but older students will be more comfortable with reading and writing, thus more able to spell correctly when typing. It is advisable to first introduce structured keyboarding lessons before the middle school years. That way, students have developed the literacy and motor function skills needed but have not yet had too much time to develop bad typing habits.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)

2 Likes

thank you, but I meant for typesy community.

3 Likes

@ENO I am only 10 so I think as long as you can actually use a computer and you’re nice to people… then, like, 7+?! Hope that explains it.

1 Like