Typesy Progress too slowly

I purchased and have been using typesy for a while but stopped because it progresses much too slowly.

How many times must I type vvv fff vvv vff fvv vff fvf … ?

Is there a way to accelerate the way it adapts, so I can move up quickly for some already on 40 - 50 words p/m it’s truly painful.

Thanks Roland

Muscle memory takes time to develop. Honing these skills will benefit you more in the long run in terms of greater speed and accuracy development.

Hi there, @Roland_Munyard!

Mastering the touch typing method is a process that takes time, patience, and commitment. Since everyone learns differently, the length of time needed for mastery varies. Typesy is designed to monitor each student’s progress and adapt to their skill level, so you can be sure you are progressing at the speed best fit to your needs.

If lessons are starting to feel repetitive, do not worry! @CPTSuperPool is right - developing muscle memory takes a lot of repeat movements to solidify the skill.

I would suggest coming back and sticking to it! If you find yourself starting to pull away, consider giving yourself a break or playing a typing game rather than completing another lesson.

Once accomplished, the ability to touch type will yield positive results for the rest of your life and is therefore decidedly worth dedicating time to.

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)

Hello Everyone,

Sure I accept these comments as valid for people who are new to typing, but I am fairly OK at typing, put another way, I could write a novel in pitch darkness, at 40 to 50 or even 60 words a minute, with fair accuracy (thought I could not easly to type the all the symbols available).

I suppose I’m trying to say that it would be wonderful if Typesy could identifly that I was fairly advanced in my typeing speed and accuracy and “promote” me.

In other words I get te feeling that typesy has exactly the same routines for absolutely everyone who uses it to learn.

Thanks for the the encouragement to continue.

Roland

Hi, @Roland_Munyard!

I understand your frustration! Where are you scoring on the Typesy Mastery Metric? Perhaps the reason you aren’t being moved forward lies in that score.

Out of curiosity, if you are already touch typing successfully at 50-60 WPM, why do you want to pursue lessons? Typing at or above 57 WPM is deemed above average!

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)