Is the contents in the program safe for kids?

I bought this program for my kid and she is 8 years old so I want to know if it is appropriate at that age range.

Yes, Typesy has transdisciplinary content. We provide engaging material that crosses the disciplines of a standards-based curriculum and teaches both typing and Common Core material in language arts, math, social studies, and science.

Best Regards,
Aidan Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hello, @ottodunn!

Your daughter is the perfect age!

With enough patience and practice, anyone of any age can learn to touch type. That being said, the older a student, the longer they have had to develop bad habits. Younger students will develop muscle memory skills quicker, but older students will be more comfortable with reading and writing, thus more able to spell correctly when typing. Because of these reasons, it us usually recommended to first introduce structured keyboarding lessons before the middle school years. That way, students have developed the literacy and motor function skills needed but have not yet had too much time to develop bad typing habits.

It has been a while since you posted - has your daughter had a chance to start practicing yet? I hope you’re both witnessing lots of progress!

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)