Formal Course for Touch Typing

Is it worth to apply for a course to learn touch tying?

Hi Ocean,

Yes. Aside from taking up formal courses, it would be more convenient if you choose online software. With this, you have all the control to practice anywhere, anytime.

I would recommend using Typesy. It has courses too which gives you the detailed process to entirely learn keyboarding. This is more convenient because you can just practice at the comfort of your own home.

The program offers everything, from exciting games to tracking progress. It is a good tool to increase your typing speed and accuracy indeed.

Best Regards,
Aidan Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hello, @oceanmcbride!

In my opinion, the answer to your question depends on your learning style. If you are the type of person who could pick up a textbook and gain as much from reading it alone as you would in a class setting, you’ll likely find success in developing your own typing method, too. If you’re the type of person who learns best by interacting with the subject, you’re definitely going to want to look into more formal courses.

I, too, recommend Typesy should you find yourself leaning more towards the second scenario. I personally learn best through hands-on activities, and have found Typesy perfect for this. The level of customization, variety of lessons, and learner engagement is why I believe so many find success in Typesy.

Wishing you luck whatever you decide is best for you!
Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)