Can I be too old to learn touch typing?

I am already 45 years old. Am I still fit in practicing?

Hi!

No one is too old to learn touch typing. As long as you find this skill beneficial to you, there is no hindrance to your learning.

Regards,
The Typesy Team

In 2015; at 46 years old; I started to retrain myself to properly touch typing because it was clear from my university studies that my typing was too slow and inaccurate. Five years later my typing speed is a respectable 50WPM and my accuracy is around 98%. It took time and effort, and I continue to regularly practice this new skill using Typesy. Compared to my previous typing method I am now faster, more accurate, can type with much less mental effort, and I’m putting less stress on my physical body. Was the hundreds of hours worth it? Absolutely!!!

Your age doesn’t mean a thing! Go for it :slightly_smiling_face: I have just turned 30 so no!

Hi there,

Definitely age is not an issue for you to learn how to touch type. As long as you are determined enough to learn and goal oriented then go for it. Keep on practicing and surely you’ll get use to it.

Regards,
Ara

It’s never too late to learn a new skill and improve on old habits!

To help you in setting goals for yourself, it might be helpful to know that the average typist can type 41 words per minute (WPM); typing at or above 57 WPM is deemed above average. But it’s important to maintain those good typing habits - a high WPM with low accuracy is not a desirable goal. Don’t push yourself too fast if you find you’re making a lot of mistakes.

If you’re looking to master touch typing, a reasonable goal may be to work towards that 41 WPM level. Best of luck!

Regards,
Kerry

It is impossible to be too old!:slight_smile: You can learn touch typing at any age. It does not matter your job or skill. It is like a language that can help you in many ways in life. If learning this will benefit you- then do it!!! You totally can. Just keep up the good work and keep practicing and you’ll get where you want to. Just remember NEVER GIVE UP!! :blush:

Hello again, @fabioandrade!

It has been a few months since you posted - have you been progressing? I would love to hear how it’s going! You certainly received a lot of motivation in this thread :blush:

I very much hope you’ve crushed the fear of being too old!
Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)