What to observe to maintain a healthy habits in practicing?

I just bought Typesy so I hope there are some tips or guide along the way.

Hi there,

If you have to spend a great deal of time at a computer, you know how tiring it can be. Aside from the strain on your eyes from staring at a screen for hours at a time, typing can be physically demanding on your hands and wrists. A strong touch typist is more likely to maintain good posture and form, which reduces fatigue and chance of injury.

When you learn to touch type, your hands are centered on the keyboard and you are able to spread the workload among all of your fingers instead of just a few. Minimizing the movement of each finger helps extend your potential typing duration.

Best Regards,
Aidan Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hi Nannie,

There are quite a few things you can check to be sure you are set up and ready to go with your keyboard and monitor before you type. Set up your keyboard so that it is flat or slightly elevated. Do not have your keyboard slanted downward. Your upper arms should not have to extend very far forward to reach the keyboard or the mouse. Your arms should be able to rest at a 90 degree angle. If not, adjust the distance of your keyboard from the edge of the desk. Your monitor should be 20-40 inches from you as you type. I hope that helps!

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)