Typing Environment

I believe success in typing practice is also influenced by your environment. Can anyone give me an idea on how to set up a good environment for typing?

Hi there,

Hi, here are some tips to follow:

1. Use a portable fan to cool off your workspace. Don’t turn the thermostat down too low, or you’ll start to get too cold, and that will have a negative impact on your typing speed (see above).

2. Make sure your computer has good airspace around it, especially near the exhaust fan.

3. Keep your computer clean; a dusty computer overheats more quickly than a dust-free one.

4. If you use a laptop, use supports to raise it off the desk surface, or buy a laptop stand.

Best Regards,
Aidan Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hi Emaan,

I love the idea of preparing your environment. A comfortable place is a motivating place to work! Make sure you have a comfortable chair. You know your chair is the perfect height if you can sit at your computer with your knees bent at right angles and your feet flat on the floor. Be sure your space is well-lit to avoid eye strain. Having a window to look out when you need a break is always a good idea!

Goodluck!

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)