How to determine if your kids are on track?

We are using Typesy to homeschool. At what rate should the average student be moving through Typesy? I didn’t see a suggested completion module, so I’m not sure how to tell if my kids are progressing through the program like they should.

Hello, @Diana_Clauss!

A lot of Typesy is designed to match the pace needed for student success, so your question can be a bit tricky to answer. Which version of Typesy are you using? I know the education versions have Admin controls which include tons of data on student progress.

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)

I’m using the Homeschooling version.

Hi Diana,

Apologies for the delay.

You can see more information about the curriculum when you go to Admin Interface > Curriculum > hover mouse to a curriculum and click Info & Preview. Once clicked, you will see this one (setting interactive as an example):

For example, the Interactive curriculum would take an average of 21 hours for the whole lessons to be finished by a user. If you homeschool your kids with keyboarding learning by 30 minutes per day, and 5 days a week, then it might take a 9-year old kid 30-hours to finish the whole curriculum (depends on his current speed and accuracy). 30 hours would translate to 1,800 minutes, so it will take 60-90 school days for them to finish the said curriculum.

Given that the curriculum has 1,156 lessons, then it will take around 10 - 15 lessons per day for them to finish it.

Hope this is clear.

Best Regards,
Arianna - Typesy Moderator