Career Options?

Will touch typing have an impact on my career?

Probably! These days, typing is an essential part of many jobs. Even students are expected to do a great deal of typing by the time they graduate. There is an essential number of jobs that not only require the ability to type but the skill to type at a certain speed.

Best Regards,
Aidan Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hello, @forrestacevedo!

All I can tell you is that for me, it impacted a whole lot more than I was expecting!

Firstly, I suffer from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my right wrist, and learning how to hold my body properly has greatly lessened the amount of flare ups I get. The time I have saved not tending to sore hands has definitely impacted my career - and my overall happiness!

Secondly, I like to have my students consider the time saved across an entire lifetime. If you were to hypothesize the time spent typing over a lifetime, you’re sure to be shocked. Proficient, relatively speedy typing may not seem to be a skill that makes much of a difference every second of every day, but those seconds, minutes, and hours add up.

Once learned, the ability to touch type will yield positive results for the rest of your life, not just your career, and is therefore decidedly worth dedicating time to.

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)