Why do F and J keys have bumps on them?

What are the purpose of those bumps?

Hi Penelope,

F and J have bumps to guide you where to position your fingers when touch typing.

Best Regards,
Aidan Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hi Penelope,

The middle row of letters on your keyboard is called the home row. It is the home base for your fingers while typing. Your fingers should start on the home row, with your index fingers on the F and J keys. The notches are on those keys so that your index fingers can feel for them as they return to home row. It is their checkpoint. This helps you by being able to look at the screen instead of down at the keyboard. Happy typing!

Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)