Want to know more about behavioral learning

What is behavioral learning and does touch typing promote it?

Hi Ruyad,

Yes, behavioral learning shapes actions through the steps of operant conditioning, described by psychologist B. F. Skinner: establish an observable skill as a goal, measure existing ability, break the learning down into smaller tasks, and reinforce all progress, no matter how small, with immediate and delayed feedback—both intrinsic from successful task completion and external from outside sources.

Best Regards,
Aidan Bernales
Community Moderator at Typesy

Hello, @ruyadpotter!

As a teacher, I’m a big Typesy fan as it takes care of the behavioral learning needs of my students for me. Since my students can access their account from any device with wifi, those who may struggle learning in a classroom setting are free to practice their typing elsewhere such as a quiet room of their home.

My pedagogical philosophy is that student engagement is the key to learning. Typesy keeps my kids engaged through a variety of gamified lessons in which they earn rewards, up their game status, and work towards custom goals. Additionally, since Typesy adapts to each learner, no student will ever find themselves with lessons too easy or too difficult.

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)