German Keyboard Layout Support

Hi, please also add the German keyboard layout support in Typesy.

2 Likes

Hi Aslan,

We will be reviewing all feature requests by the end of each month. The most requested feature will be prioritized.

Thank you so much for the feedback and request!

Best Regards,
Typesy Team

Hi, @aslan!

It’s too bad that there are so many keyboard layouts out in the world - it makes it so much harder to learn!

Touch typing can be taught on any keyboard, QWERTY or otherwise. However, since the core of touch typing is developing muscle memory, you’re right to note that mastery on one keyboard will not directly transfer to another as the keys will be placed differently. For this reason, it is important that you use only one keyboard type when initially learning keyboarding skills.

Hopefully we’ll be seeing more languages soon! The more requests, the faster we’ll see the addition, I’m sure!

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)

Hi there,
wouldn´t it be a good starting point to add support for german special symbols? Once they´ve been added, one can train with their own german texts…

1 Like

Hello, @LPH!

Great suggestion! I know the Typesy team reviews these requests often, so I’m thinking German support will happen if more and more continue to request!

Regards,
Alex (The Reimagined Classroom Teacher)

Thanks for this awesome suggestion, LPH! :slight_smile:

As much as this sounds and look easy, our developers would need to add a few codes in order to make the system be compatible with German Keyboard Layout. There are also other changes that needs to be made.

But we will definitely look into this in the future and may consider it.

Kind Regards,
Arianna - Typesy Community Moderator

1 Like

Hello @Arianna ,

I also wish to request to have the german keyboard support for the program. I really love learning to type with Typesy, since it has sooo many different features, lessons and drills to improve your speed and accuracy. Many thanks to the developers who made this program as it is TOTALLY worth all my money. I would love to see the german support coming out soon. Can a donation be used to speed up this process? I would gladly offer it!

1 Like